So You Want To Go To Germany
Best Places to Visit in Germany
1. Berlin----The capital city of Germany offers an enormous amount of things to see and do.The UNESCO World Heritage Site Museum Island offers five different museums ranging from art to history.Those into history should visit the Memorial of the Murdered Jews as well as Checkpoint Charlie.The Berlin Zoo is one of the most popular zoos in Europe with over 1500 different species to see. For relaxation, try one of the thousands of swimming lakes surrounding the city.
2. Munich---Though Munich might be best known for Oktoberfest, there is much more to explore in this city. Marienplatz is the center of the city, a social hotspot surrounded by beautiful, historical architecture.The massive Englisher Garten offers vast lands and groves, and even surfing in the Eisbach River. Car lovers can also enjoy the BMW museum, which even houses Elvis Presley’s BMW. Another must-see is St. Peter’s Church, where you can enjoy an incredible view of the city from the top of the tower.
3. Cologne---This historically significant city is situated on the Rhine River and is home to the Cologne Cathedral, the most visited landmark in all of Germany. Here you can view artifacts dating as far back as the 10th century. For more modern art, the Ludwig Museum features avant-garde and pop art. And no trip to Cologne is complete without visiting the Old Town, where you can experience what the city was like before it was destroyed in World War II.
4. Hamburg---This port city’s most popular spot is Speicherstadt, a warehouse district with plenty of visitor attractions.The oldest warehouse is home to the International Maritime Museum, which has artifacts dating back thousands of years. Another warehouse is filled with Minatur Wunderland, where those who love miniaturetrains can enjoy models of cities around the world.The city’s tallest building is the new Elbphilharmonie, which is not only a great place to enjoy music, but the architecture with curved windows is a wonder all its own.
5. Dusseldorf---Another city situated on the Rhine river, Dusseldorf is the perfect place for those who love to dine out and shop.The Rheinufer promenade is a highlight as a long, sunny strip lined with cafes and shops. For high-end shopping, visit Konigsallee, another strip that features premium shops. And if you’re into exciting nightlife, the old town Altstadt offers over 300 bars and nightclubs. But the city does offer museums of modern art such as the North Rhine Westphalia.
We have so much more to share. Join our email list and receive so much more.